Easy To Cook Chicken Fajitas
Now don't get upset! Just because tortillas aren't part of this awesome dish doesn't mean that you can't indulge in Chicken Fajitas. This version replaces the tortilla with lettuce wraps that provide the perfect crunch. Let the whole family (or just you, I won't judge) get in on the action by letting them make it their own way. Top with homemade salsa and/or guacamole for an extra burst of flavor.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- In a large plastic bag, combine the chicken, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder; and paprika. Close the bag and shake until the chicken is evenly coated. Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and onion and sauté them for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil in the pan. Add the chicken mixture and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Return the peppers and onion to the skillet, toss, and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve on lettuce wraps.